“Living and Learning Together”
The Federation of Priddy Primary and St Lawrence’s C of E Schools, serves two scenic rural communities in Somerset. The two popular schools are approximately 3 miles apart in the villages of Priddy and Westbury-sub-Mendip. They are surrounded by the beautiful landscape and countryside of the Mendip Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Both schools are very proud of their successful federation, and work closely together providing a nurturing and caring environment and a wealth of opportunities for our children, staff and communities.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
THE AIMS OF THE FEDERATION OF PRIDDY AND ST. LAWRENCE’S SCHOOLS ARE:
- To provide a happy, caring and secure learning environment in which Christian values are a fundamental part.
- To value each child as an individual who is able to contribute increasingly to the wider community.
- To foster and develop relationships in an environment where children enjoy their learning and where co-operation and collaboration are encouraged, so that everyone can achieve the highest standard possible in all that they undertake.
- To develop skills, knowledge and understanding relevant to the needs of each child, giving them full opportunity to develop their potential.
- To encourage children to make informed choices and become lifelong learners.
- To respect one another as individuals with differing needs and abilities.
- To encourage respect for religious and moral values and sensitivity towards others in a multi-racial, multi-cultural society.
- To enable the children to become thoughtful and responsible, with increasing independence.
- To keep children safe and promote healthy living.
- To take advantage of all the benefits associated with being a small school within a village community.
- To develop spiritual awareness and a sense of wonder.
- To involve families as partners in working towards the attainment of these goals.